Getting your Services Connected

When you move in, it is your responsibility to get your services like electricity, gas etc. connected. You will also need to inform any other services of your change of address (eg. Insurance Company, Registration Office, Centrelink etc.)    


Water is the only service that must remain in the name of the landlord. It is important to notify our office of your new postal address (if you have arranged a new post box), and your new home phone number.


Our office can assist with the connection of utilities and you will have been given this opportunity via our residential tenancy application form.



Water Charges 

You are responsible for payment of water usage as specified in your lease. 



Pay TV

Please call our office if you wish to have Pay TV equipment (satellite dish, aerial, cables etc.) installed at the property. If the Pay TV equipment is already installed, you do not need permission to have this service connected.



Attaching Fixtures and Fittings 

You need to get permission first before fixtures or fittings be attached to the premises. This includes items like dryer brackets, basketball boards and picture hooks. Please also do not use blue/yellow tack or adhesive tape on any painted walls, as these stain and damage the paint over time. 



Paying Your Rent 

Unfortunately we are unable to receive rent payments at our office. If you have not already arranged direct debit, you can pay your rent into any Commonwealth Bank branch.


Alternatively, you can ask your bank to periodically pay from your account into ours (they will charge you a fee for this service). Please supply your bank with our trust account details and your allocated identification number.


You may also find you should be able to set up automatic direct credit payments via your internet banking facility. 



It is your responsibility to make sure that your contents are insured, and for their full replacement value (new value). We or the landlord will not accept any loss occurring to tenant contents through theft or break-in, or under any other circumstances. 



Availability of the Property Manager

Should you wish to speak personally in the office with your Property Manager, it is important to make an appointment. If you come into the office without an appointment, you may find the property manager out of the office, or busy with other customers. Making a time means that we are able to attend to your query properly, giving it quality time.




All queries need to be directed to your property manager. Our other staff may be trained in other departments and are not able to answer property management queries.




Repairs must to be directed to your property manager in writing. Should you have an emergency situation after hours, please refer to our Emergency Repairs Policy in this document. 



bohem foyer 1.JPG